Updated: June 24, 2020
Welcome to House Manual
The House Manual websites and the House Manual apps (together, the “Platform”) are owned and made available by Yachting’s Best Media Inc., a British Columbia corporation (referred to as “House Manual”). Our Platform is made available to you on the terms set out below. These terms describe what you can and cannot do with our Platform and limit our liability to you. Please read them carefully.
1. Use. You can use the Platform to input, manage, and share your information. You may also browse and use the information we make available on our website for your own personal, non-commercial purposes. You are responsible for charges you incur (ie, data, network, internet) to connect to the Platform.
2. Your Account. You will need to register for an account to use the Platform and pay the applicable subscription fees. To protect your account, keep your password confidential. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account and for all charges incurred through your account. If you learn of any unauthorized use of your account, please change your password right away and notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Account Storage. The maximum storage space for each registered account is 5GB. You may purchase additional storage from us via our approved app store subscription program.
4. Your Content. You can use our Platform to input, manage and share information (“Your Content”). Your Content can be shared via screenshot or by the Platform sharing function, as applicable. You are responsible for Your Content and understand that any sharing of Your Content is done at your own risk. You retain ownership over Your Content and grant House Manual a limited license to use Your Content solely as necessary to provide the Platform to you in accordance with these Terms.
5. Content Rules. You must comply with the following rules at all times. Failure to do so may result in suspension or termination of your account.
House Manual is not responsible for Your Content and has no obligation to review, edit or filter Your Content for compliance with the above rules. House Manual reserves the right to modify, reject or remove any of Your Content at any time if House Manual determines, in its sole discretion, that Your Content does not comply with these Terms.
House Manual is not liable for any damages or claims that arise out of Your Content.If a third party sues House Manual, or makes a claim against House Manual, because of Your Content, you must pay House Manual for any damages and expenses that House Manual incurs as a result of that suit or claim.
6. Removal of Your Content. You may remove Your Content at any time by deleting it, using the delete function in the Platform. Upon request, House Manual will delete your account and Your Content for you. Any of Your Content which remains in the Platform 60 days after expiration or termination of your subscription may be deleted and may no longer be recoverable.
7. Ownership. House Manual owns the Platform, including the House Manual trademark and logo. House Manual owns, or has obtained the rights to use, all materials and content posted on or made available through the Platform, such as our blog postings, videos, photos, illustrative graphics and text. You may access and use (display, print, download) these materials and content for your own personal, non-commercial use.
8. Restrictions on Use of the Platform. You must not do anything that would violate our ownership rights, harm others or impair the functioning of the Platform. This includes, but is not limited to, any of the following actions, which are strictly prohibited:
House Manual reserves the right to suspend your use of any or all of the Platform, or take other appropriate remedial action, to address any of the above.
9. Disclaimer. There are certain things we cannot promise about the Platform. We cannot promise that the Platform will always be available, 100% secure or free from errors or viruses. We cannot promise that information provided through the Platform will be accurate, up-to-date or complete.
The Platform is provided “as is” without warranty and is used at your sole risk. House Manual does not make any representations or warranties regarding the Platform.
10. Limited Liability. House Manual’s total liability to you is limited to the amount of fees you paid to House Manual in the prior 6 months or Cdn$100 if you did not have any payment obligation to House Manual. This limit on House Manual’s liability applies even if House Manual is negligent. This limit will not apply to override any rights you may have under applicable consumer laws.
11. Notices to You. House Manual will provide you with notices, alerts and communications regarding the Platform and these Terms electronically to the email address and/or mobile phone number associated with your account. You may update your account information at any time.
12. Governing Law. All matters relating to these Terms and your use of the Platform will be governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada.
13. Contact Us. If you have any questions regarding the Platform or these Terms, please contact us at:
Yachting’s Best Media Inc.
Why We Collect Personal Information
Information House Manual Collects from You
Contact Information. We collect your name and email address when you sign-up/register for our Services and create your account profile. We use this information to activate your user account, give you access to the Services and send you notices about your user account. We may also use your contact information for marketing purposes, such as promotional emails, direct mail and sales contacts. You can opt-out of our marketing communications at any time by unsubscribing or contacting us at email@example.com.
Billing Information. When you subscribe to our Services, we/our Platform can be used to collect credit card information to process that payment. Credit card information is provided directly to our payment processor and is processed in a PCI-compliant manner. We do not keep your credit card information. Note that when credit card information is referred to as being “stored”, this means the payment processor has a “token”. The token replaces sensitive information and acts as a non-sensitive placeholder that can be used by the payment processor to reference your credit card information when payments need to be processed.
Log and Device Information. When you access and browse our Services, we collect information about how you are accessing our Services, such as your internet or mobile network connection, your browser or the type of mobile device you are using (if applicable). We use this log and device information to identify how our Services are being accessed and used so we can optimize them for the types of connections, browsers and devices being used. This information is not used to market or send promotions at an individual user level.
Social Media. If you login to our Services using a third party sign-in service, such as Google, Facebook, Connect or Twitter, we will receive personal information from those services, such as your name, email address and profile photo, in order to pre-populate our online forms. We also include social media “Like” and “Share” buttons on our websites. These features may collect your IP address and the page you are visiting on our website. They may also set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy policies of the third parties who provide them.
Legal Basis (GDPR EU/UK)
For personal information that is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we rely on the following legal bases for collecting and using your personal information:
You may withdraw your consent at any time. Where we are using your personal information for our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to that use. See below under Your Rights for how to withdraw consent or object.
Sharing Your Information
We do not sell or distribute personal information to third parties for their own commercial or marketing purposes. We will only share personal information we collect in the following circumstances:
-Our data centers where all Platform data is stored
-Customer support services to help us collect feedback and manage our support services
-Communication services to send out email and SMS notices or reminders
We protect your personal information by:
While we employ industry standard measures to protect your information, no electronic communication can ever be completely secure. You share responsibility for protection of your personal information by setting a strong password and by keeping your username and password confidential.
We retain personal information only for as long as necessary to achieve our stated purposes, or as required by applicable law. For example, Contact and Billing information is kept for as long as your account is active and for a reasonable period after it has been deactivated in the event you wish to re-activate the account. User account information may also be retained as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or maintain our relationship with you. Credit card information is never kept or stored by us.
If you reside outside North America, your personal information may be transferred to and processed in Canada and the United States.
Before transferring your personal information, we ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place and that your privacy rights are protected and preserved. For individuals located in the European Union or the United Kingdom, such safeguards may include the existence of an EU adequacy decision, certification and adherence to EU-US Privacy Shield and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks, the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission, binding corporate rules, or other legal mechanisms to safeguard the personal information being transferred.
Information about the Privacy Shield Frameworks can be found at www.privacyshield.gov
Individuals have certain rights with respect to their personal information. These rights are set out below.
Yachting’s Best Media Inc.
Attention: Privacy Officer
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are downloaded to your computer or device by a website. They are commonly used by professional websites to track overall website usage, determine your browsing preferences and improve and customize your user experience.
Cookies may be session-based or persistent. Session-based cookies exist only during one session and disappear from your computer or device when you close your browser or turn off your computer or device. Persistent cookies remain on your computer or device for a certain period after you close your browser or turn off your computer or device. Most persistent cookies expire within 6 months to 2 years.
Cookies in use on this site
Functional: These cookies remember your preferences and make it easier for you to navigate the site. They also allow you to use features such as Live Chat.
Analytical: These cookies allow us to collect statistical information about visitors to our site, such as which pages are the most popular, to help us constantly improve our website.
1. Testing different versions of site design and content
2. Analyzing browsing activity across sites to establish user profiles
3. Reporting site traffic to understand which pages are used most often
How to Change Your Cookies Settings
Most web browsers allow some control over cookies through the browser settings. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from websites you visit. Your browser also provides you the option to delete the cookies from your computer or device at any time. Please be aware that if cookies are disabled, not all features of the websites or services may operate as intended.
To find out more about cookies and how to set cookie preferences in your browser, visit www.aboutcookies.org